Nvidia onboard LAN works in 9.2?

raystorm

1) 2.6 has a fully working nvidia lan driver

The nforce driver included in the 2.6 kernel is forcedeth, which would not work with my mboard. The driver in the nvidia src.rpm is nvnet, which did work. From reading other forums, I've seen that the forcedeth driver works only in a few cases. The majority of people using the nforce2 LAN are using the nvnet drivers

Raystorm, make sure you back up everything, like fissy suggested, you'll be using a lot of cooker packages to solve dependencies

mmm.. kernel 2.6 and its source are in.. and the LAN still doesnt work. <sigh> I try to install the Nvidia_nforce-1.0-0261.src.rpm (using rpm --rebuild) and still get that /usr/lib/rpm/rpmb permission denied message. I also tried the forecdeth alternative and that didn't work either. Oh well.. I suppose push come to shove I'll just buy a seperate NIC. thanks for the help my friends, but I think its time to close this thread and I'll go on my own from here on.

thanks again for all your help.. I totally appreciate the suggestions given :lol:

Edited by raystorm

the driver for nforce mobos in 2.6 is actually in the kernel, you don't need to use nvidia's driver, thats the point ;-)

you might need to re-configure/recompile/reinstall your kernel though.

I didn't realise that some people had problems with this driver though, i installed 2.6 and it worked fine. (my mobo is a shuttle mini pc sng41, or something that looks similar ;-) )