Mail problems via PPP connection

smitherz

Hi all,

I have searched thru several googled sites and groups to figure this one out. I have a

compaq presario 2710 with a Conexant HSF winmodem. I have it working with the 5.xx beta drivers for access to website on port 80.

I cannot get it to connect and download my email or upload my email via pop(110) or smtp(25). I am running a custom 2.4.25 kernel on top of a mandrake 9.2 upgrade from 9.0.

I have disabled ECN to no avail and have the firewall disabled too. My netstat -an shows the connection in SYN_SENT state and it goes no further. I have tested by telneting to port 25 and 110 manually. I can load most web pages and can telnet to port 80 manually.

:help:

Tnx,

Scott

I had some wierd problems when I got my modem going too. I couldn't hit the DNS server I had setup because it was plugged into my home network and getting an IP from the router. If I unplugged from the network I could connect via modem. Since I normally run via cable modem and router setup, I didn't take time to reset the network settings, but you might check if you are having same problem.

The second thing is I didn't take time to set the country settings properly and it wouldn't work right until I did. So you might check that too.

Sounds like you have checked the logical things otherwise. Hope someone else has an idea if mine don't help.