Anyone have OptimumOnline in a Linux/XP dual boot?

raystorm

I have a question regarding my new cable connection. I just got Optimum Online and easily installed it within seconds and works great under WinXP. I also have Mandrake Linux 9.2 installed in a dual boot config along with XP and would like to be able to use my new cable connection under Linux as well.

I was wondering if I am able to do this because the optimum software cd is only for windows and mac, not for linux. I'm assuming I could just use the networking information under "network connections" in the XP control panel and put that under Linux but I dont know how. Also I read that optimum online checks the modem once in awhile and I dont want it to think that if I were to use it under Linux that it is on another pc (since they charge for extra pc connections).

Any Optimum Online users out there with a Win XP/Linux dualboot config that can help me out?

Thank you in advance to those that can help as I am a newbie when it comes to all things networking :D

btw.. I'm using the onboard LAN in my Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard if thats important to know.

Edited by raystorm