installation hangups

jivan

hi guys,

First time using this forum so apologies if the header is incorrect or anything else. The thing is I've installed mdk 9.2 got gnome 2.4 as well as kde 3.1. It's the 3 cd distro set which I got & unable to get the sound module. The steps I undertook were installed some of the servers & stuff & the sound module was working. Then I used Mandrake control centre to install some of the packages like kde artwork & stuff as well as gnome. In the boot-up sequence where it tells what things are loading or which things are passed or failed. It showed fs supermount as not being supported. One thing which I did which I'm not sure may be also cause of the problem is that I've two different kernels. If there is any .conf file or something which has all the info. about what stuff I 've selected hope u can tell me so I can send it & figure out where things are going wrong. Because of the above problem even my cd is not working. So hoping to get on the right track. If there are any links u can provide those will be very helpful also.

Jivan

Welcome to the board!

You have listed several different problems which may or may not be related. So, which kernels are installed? How did you install them? Have you updated all of the Mandrake tools yet?

Please answer specifiacally for a better response! B)