sagem f@st 840 and mandrake9.2

magm-x

i recently got a sagem f@st 840 adsl modem when i joined tiscali UK broadband. i've tried to use drakconnect to install the modem and the configuration is successful however when mandrake tries to start the connection it fails. any ideas?

btw. the modem works on windows and uses pppoA more info on my modem is available at http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/broadband/

I don't have a firewall running. to be precise the drivers load at boot and i then do "adictrl - d" to get dsp file uploaded then i do adslstart which works i check the modem both lights are on i do ifconfig and it shows that eth0 is up but when i try to ping google.com i get an unknown host and when i try to ping my dns server i get "connect: network unreachable" maybe my adiusbadsl.conf is wrong i'll post it iif u think that it will help.

Just an Update: my modem is not a sagem f@st 840 sorry bout that.

It is actually a "sagem f@st 800 e2l pe". i still cannot get it to work i have successfully manged to get the system to recognise it as a adsl modem and when doing dmesg the correct driver is loaded. the correct module adiusbadsl is successfully loaded -checked using lsmod:

but my final hurdle is that it doesn't connect. after doing startadsl it seems to be working i do ifconfig and eth0 is up but i can't ping anything including my dns server. can someone tell me what i need to do to get this problem resolved.

TIA

Edited by magm-x