Where are my rpms?

coverup

You can't install updates and save them as well for future use all in one go.

You could install them, and then d-load them again from a mirror and save them elsewhere though.

As for reinstalling your system, iits rare that you need to do this in Linux. Most problems can be fixed without reinstalling.

You can't install updates and save them as well for future use all in one go.

You could install them, and then d-load them again from a mirror and save them elsewhere though.

As for reinstalling your system, iits rare that you need to do this in Linux. Most problems can be fixed without reinstalling.

Well, maybe not a whole system... I've been tweaking with different versions of the kernel and different versions of ATI drivers to make sure that both 3D and atm work on my laptop... Every time I needed to reinstall a package, I had to download it again... Now I have a sort of working system, but can't configure X anymore... I wish to be able to configure an external monitor, also the keyboard is very slow, don't know how could this be fixed...

Anyway, how can I d/load an installed package from the club mirror? I've installed the ATI 3.2.8-3 rpms, and wish to have them as a backup. For some reason, every time I try to download them, I get a prompt to login, though I logged in before. I log in again, and everything starts over...

There is one other option, that you can use when installing through RPMdrake.

Just doing this from the top of my head, ...

you could make a bash script and run this while your files get downloaded.

The bash script would have to make hardlinks to all files ending in .rpm or so. Then the .rpm files get deleted, but not your hardlinks.

I have done this a couple of times when I realised rpmdrake was going to delete a 60MB file in a short while. Just hardlinked, and kept it that way.