RPMDrake does not work

sglafata

I have no idea how this happened, but RPMDrake is now hosed on my system (possibly a recent power outage).

Whenever I try to install anything, it hangs during installation. I've tried to re-install RPMDrake, but obviously, it can't complete the installation. I just need to get RPMDrake working again so that I can go back to installing as I used to.

What other ways are people using to install software in Mandrake. I am using 9.2 currently. Will RPMDrake in Cooker work or is that compiled for the 2.6 kernel (in preparation for MLX)?

I tried doing a search, but the Search functionality looks funky this time around. I got this huge listing of garbage (possibly the text of the search results). I don't know if they're working on it or not.

run rpmdrake from a terminal and see if you get any errors....and post them. For all the different mods of rpmdrake, like install, remove, add sources, mandrake updtae, do

rpm -ql rpmdrake

and look at all the

/usr/bin/*

Try to run different ones and get some errors.

rpmdrake in cooker is going to require that you upgrade a lot of stuff. So that's up to u, but it's not recommended.

Other ways?

urpmi and rpm from a terminal.