"sideways" taskbar? is it possible?

Peep

I would like to find a way to put the kde taskbar on the right side of the screen, but instead of having things right-side-up, i would like them to be rotated 90 degrees. so, for instance, programs in the taskbar tray, instead of being tiny boxes that you cannot read, would be approximately the same size that they are on the bottom of the screen, and run from the top to the bottom of the screen. all the text on the taskbar, including the clock, would face the side of the screen, rather than the bottom. does anyone know of any way to do that?

thanks. :P

I believe you can drag it there, and if not, just right click on it and configure it. There's a a whole page of options just for location and alignment. Not hard to find if you look.

You could also open up the K menu and go to configure and then 'configure your desktop' and somewhere in that app is the same page of settings.

i wasn't being very clear. when you do what you described, yes, the taskbar is on the right, but the text is all still horizontal. i want to find a way so the text is vertical (as if you'd have to turn your head sideways to make the text appear "right side up").

My bad. You were plenty clear, I was just being too lazy to pay enough attention. I am sorry.

To be more clear, as far as I know, you can't do that. Hopefully someone here can prove me wrong, but for now, I think you're stuck.

THat's the main reason I never put it down the side is that particular function is not very well implemented

THe only thing I can think of, which is not what you want, is that if you make the bar REALY thick, they become almost usefull again. I know that's not what you mean, but give it a try, it might be an O.K. compromize.