How to add an appl with menudrake

Linux_Fan

Hello,

Recently I installed Mozilla 1.5 on mine LM 9.2. Now, I want to put Mozilla in the program list or menu of KDE. I started Menudrake, created a new folder and tried to add an application to it. One should fill in a title (e.g. Navigator or Mozilla) and a command. In the last entry I filled in: mozilla; that's the file to start Mozilla. After I saved it I go in the KDE-menu to the menu item for running Mozilla. But when I select Mozilla nothing happens.

So my question is 'how can I add an application to the KDE-menu or program list using menudrake?'

Another question is 'How can I create a icon to my desktop for starting the application?'

you have to put the complete path to the app. for example, instead of just putting "mozilla", you should make it look like /usr/lib/mozilla, or where ever the path to the mozilla executable resides in your installation.

Chris

to add to what tyme said, you can do the same thing to add shortcuts to your kicker bar if you like. right click on the bar, choose "add", choose the appropriate selection to add (application, link, device, etc), & it will add it to the kicker. to move it, right click again & choose "move". a crosshairs arrow will appear & you can drag it to the location you like.

Chris