Mandrake 9.1 Shared network, Blubster on WINXP

anp66

:wall:

Hi

I've have a Mandrake 9.1 server sharing the internet connection

for my home network.

On that network is (my girlfriend) WinXP containing the filesharing program Blubster.

The problem is that Blubster can't connect.

I've have found this help (http://www.blubster.net/help/howto.html):

How to turn off XP Firewall to enable Blubster connection.

Right click on the network connections settings icon in the bottom right of your screen and left click on “Open Network Connections”

Right click on your current network connection icon and left click on “Properties”.

Left click on the tab marked “Advanced”

Uncheck the “Internet Firewall Protection” box and click “OK”

You will now need to shut down Blubster and restart. You will also need to close your current Internet connection and re-connect for these changes to be applied.

Connect to Blubster using Linux.

iptables-based firewall/router

iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -p udp --dport 41170:41350 -j ACCEPT iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 41170:41350 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -t nat -p udp --dport 41170:41350 -j DNAT --to 190.666.6.6 iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -t nat -p tcp --dport 41170:41350 -j DNAT --to 190.666.6.6

Change 190.666.6.6 to the address of your machine that is running Blubster. And change eth0 to the interface connected directly with the Internet. The first two lines are only necessary only if your default FORWARD policy is something other than ACCEPT.

Without knowing what I'am doing :-), I've trayed the 2 iptables commands as explained, but without any luck.

I've shutdown the firewall, without any luck.

Is there as SIMPLE (urpmi) GUI firewall for Mandrake I've can use to open that UDP port ?

Remember I've don't know anything about "forward" and "prerouting".

I've have been looking at: Smoothwall Express 2.0, it seams simple, but I've would like to use Mandrake tools.

Hope someone can help.

Regards

Anders

:D