Tasksel

GodFlesh

Go into the mandrake control center. Use the gui or type in a terminal

mcc

There is a software-wection .... then choose install software.

You can choose the layout of tegh packages. Alphabetically, by group( what you want: games, desktops:gnome, kde, servers, ... )

You can aalso use the search-function . I'm supposing here you already added some software-sources. I think the cd's are mentionend automatically, but maybe you also would liek some internet-souces for more up to date stuff.

I don't know if you have added sources (if you want) already ...

hopes this helps you some.

If you want to see which packages are installed ....? (btw during install ..when you have to choose which software-groups you want ..you can click on advanced and see which packages it is going to install and check individual packages you want or uncheck those you don't want. ).

Open the software-uninstall-section and

use the sorted by group-view as mentionned above. Opening a group will show you the packages. on the right side you can info about the packages.

You can do the same for the software-install-section to see the software-packages for each section you can install.

Maybe you already knew this?

Is this it? I don't know which packages it uses as default for the groups ..... sorry, can't really anwser that question.

My goal is to set up easily in one time new functions that weren't installed during install.

Let's say you made a desktop installation, ans that now you wan't to add server functions (apache + php + sql for example...)

Going to the GUI and chossing installation "by group" dose the trick. thanks for the idea !

I was looking for a command line option so i didn't see that.