Help! Issues with Totem.

zombie_geek

I'm a newbie, so take it easy on me. :D I'm trying to use MandrakeMove to see if I want to buy Mandrake, but I can't get any sound. Anytime I try to play an mp3, Totem spits out errors. They're different error numbers, too. I also have a live eval of SuSE, and I have no problems with sound there. Does anyone have any idea what I need to do, or what is going wrong?

I haven't yet tried out Mandrake Move, but heres some general advice. First I would try playing sound using other apps. So you could try launching Xmms and using that to play mp3s, and also try playing an audio CD. You could also try playing a mp3 from the command line to see if its an app/kde problem:

mpg123 /home/martin/some_file.mp3 (if mpg123 comes with MM)

If all that doesn't work have a look at what driver/settings are being used in MM and compare them with SuSE. If they are different you could try changing the settings in Mandrake to those of SuSE.

If you're still having problems post your system details and the error messages.

Good luck :)