wine im wineing more at the moment

noob

with mandrake I suppose you can just go into the mandrake control center ... open the install-software section.

Search for wine and you should get the package .... but I would advise you to use and ftp-source for wine if possible because it is good to have the most recent version possible. Do you have an ftp-source? Do you know how to set it up.

Else ..you can always install it from tarball or cvs from the wine-website, but this is a little more complicated (not so complicated ..but just more ).

Can ytou install it using the first method?

If you are new to mandrake, or more importantly, if you're new to linux, don't bother with CVS or ftp or any other confusing stupid thing. Just open up the Mandrake Control Center and go to the software management page and click the link for adding software.

If you search for wine as michel first sugested, you will find 2 or 3 packages. Just select and install them all and wine will be running flawlessley.

If you find that wine doesn't work at all, there is a folder in your home directory called .wine It's a hidden folder, so you'll need to enable hidden files or manualy enter the folder in the address bar. If that's a litle above your head, come back here and say so. I or someone else will explain better.

Anyway, there is a config file in that folder that you can open with your favorite text editor and edit. It's very well commented so you shouldn't have much trouble configureing it. Of course, it may work out of the box with no config anyway.