Can't create mdk 9.0 installation CDs

Guest rags522

Guest rags522

After the creation of several new shiny coasters and a few days of scouring online for the answers, I find myself stumped. I've downloaded the 3 ISOs for mdk 9.0 but find myself unable to burn them successfully. I have used GCombust and x-cd-roast under mdk 8.2 and nero under win98, with the same result. The burn process goes along uneventful with no errors under all 3 programs but nothing is readable on the media itself. Physcial examination of the discs reveals only about a 1/4 inch of actual burning has taken place with the remainder of the disc being untouched by the laser. The md5 checksum doesn't match for disc 1 but this would only explain two of the failures (total of 5 so far). The only thing I can think of that may be causing problems is I do have an older burner but I have burned over 650Mb per a disc before (audio) without any problems. Any ideas or anyone else encounter this?

CPU: PIII 450 (slightly overclocked to 540)

Mem: 256

HD: 13 Gb + 40 Gb (Maxtor @ ATA 100, 7200rom)

CDROM: 32x, creative

CDwriter: 2x2x24x, HP 7500+ (hey I said it was old)

Video: Voodoo 3000

Sound: SB live

NIC: 2 x 3Com

Rags

Under Linux you can pass the -v option to cdrecord, this way you'll get lots of info about what went wrong. Just copy-paste the error here. I've just shown to someone today on the other board about how to burn a cd image with cdrecord.. hehe. Here is the link.

http://www.club-nihil.net/mub/viewtopic.ph...7032&highlight=

For your first cd you'll have to redownload it if it doesn't match the md5sum..sorry.

copy-paste the output here.

MOttS

Guest rags522

Ohhh, I'd be feeling stupid if I did that one but alas it's not that simple. They were 700Mb blanks. I'll try burning straight off the command line tonight but I suspect it won't make the difference.. only one way to find out for sure though.

Rags

There are no stupid questions.... just stupid people.