Linksys Wireless G PC Card

I know I just posted a moment ago about my inspiron and battery life, but I also wanted to ask if anyone has gotten the Linksys WPC54G wireless PC Card working on a Mandrake installation. I have heard that you can get an NDIS wrapper from linuxant, as well as one from ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net but haven't tried them yet. The Linuxant one costs, so I want to make sure it will work first, and the ndiswrapper one on sourceforge seems to contradict itself on whether or not this card is supported.

Has anyone tried? If so, what were your results? What steps did you follow (FAQ, Whitepaper, or if you want, type them out)?

Thank you,

Vejita

Something like emulating windows driver is always tricky. That's why we always recommend buying things that are already "linux-certified". Fortunately, according to this post at ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net ( http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thr...forum_id=323167 ) it seems that your card is supported in linux. Now, how the support in mandrake specifically is another thing entirely, but I'm sure that with a little bit of work, you can get it to run.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...