v92 modem with NetWaiting + caller id.

philip101a

New user of Mandrake v9.0 on SMP (Compaq 5100) My ISP recently introduced full v92 protocol working and since I cannot justify spending money on broadband I am keen to take advantage of these features.

I installed a PCI Zoom 3025 on my Windows P100 box with success and since I found it the total solution to having only one phone line acquired a external Zoom 3049 V92. This works fine straight out of the box on the Compaq 5100 using Kppp. Problem is I need a Linux app. like 'NetWaiting Modem- on - Hold to use its full capability. Does anyone have any possibilities - work around - suggestions I could pursue.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Phil.

I think you are unlikely to find sucha thing for linux. These software apps don't usualy work very well on Windows, and the demand is small and ever shrinking with the increase in broadband useage. You can always check sourceforge and rpmfind and search for realy generic things like call and modem

Thanks for the post VDub. Since my original post have located an app. which will run on KDE v.3.1

I shall have to upgrade my distro to accomodate this so cannot say yet whether it works or not.

There are a lot of people out in the sticks who will never be able to use Broadband via wire or wireless because of their particular location and will not consider stumping up Satellite charges which would be uneconomic for their usage of the WWW.