Slackware Linux Install Guide

I was checkin osnews.com for my normal fix and ran across this Slackware install Guide.

http://www.bitbenderforums.com/vb22/showth...p?postid=311808

I've read through it and must say it is very complete and well put together. I would think that someone less familar with linux can now install Slackware and see what it's all about

Have fun and get slack'n :thumbs:

Guest Phat Penguin

Awesome find cybrjackle ... should help out the newbies who have been a bit put off trying out Slackware.

Since changing from Mandrake to Slackware I have learnt so much .... in just over 6 months of use I am compiling programs, kernels etc.... - currently running KDE 3.2 on 2.6.2 kernel on my Slackware 9.1 box - it might be an old distro but its certainly not out-of-date :)

Its a slightly steeper learning curve but you will definitely get out of Slackware what you put into it - for those thinking about it, give it a go, you wont regret it ..... remember "once you go slack, you will never look back"

My timeline with Slack .... bit of :wall: and a few :oops: and a fair bit of :help: , but in the end :slack::juggle:

• 2 months later...