Run command on bootup, how?

Lord Kenneth

hotplug can be picky....

Or Ive found when it works it works well but when it misbehaves its a real pain.

Perhaps you have a problem between usb1 and usb2 ?? and the device is falling back to USB1 ??

Detect on bootup could be timing ??? Perhaps it needs a warm-up time before booting in order to initialise properly. Linux handles USB drives or other mass storage as scsi emulated drives. While this works the problem is the ATAPI drives don't support a full SCSI command set (like the reinitialising) ...

On the wlan device ....

I presume you have a wlan and a wired device and you want to be able to swap between the two??

i.e. It uses the wired network when its in or the wlan???

The Mandrake network/internet wizard in 9.1 (haven't tried 9.2) uses a screwy way of configuring the network.

If you have a single card it usually works well but in a screwy way, that is it creates a virtual interface (usually eth0:9) under eth0

When you have more than one NIC it tends to get a bit confused.....

Personally, unless you specifically want a virtual interface I prefer to keep real (this is useful for instance if you have only one card but you want to do NAT - and is used under the connection sharing)

However, when you have two cards it complicates matters?

What exactly happens with the ifconfig wlan0 down from bvc and the corresponding up????