Shuttle and the WLAN-module

TopDog

Hi Guys.

I'm planning on buying the WLAN module for my Shuttle barebone. On Shuttle's page it's only listed as compatible with Windows... but Shuttle and Mandrake are pals, so this should work on my mdk9.2 right?

Anyone know if there also is a way to use the Shuttle remote control with mdk? It's not available here in Norway yet, so this is just a "maybe-sometime-in-the-future" thought on my parts...

I've already ordered the new "Ultra silent" PSU, so hopefully I can soon set it up as a real silent, wireless multimedia-station in my livingroom :D

Top Dog,

Id be real interested to Know.....

Mandrake and Shuttle seem to have comprimised on one model.

None of the others are even supported or work with mandrake, esp the nforce chipsets.

When I say they don't work I mean they don't work with the Mandrake Cd's, you can make them work although I have to admit I eventually gave up on my nforce2 !!

Anyway, I forget which model it is that works but its definately one of the intel models.

For optional extras I doubt it will work out of the box......the 6 in 1 card reader and remote both look nice but as far as I can tell Mandrake tried one shuttle that worked and thats it.

When I say they don't work I mean they don't work with the Mandrake Cd's, you can make them work although I have to admit I eventually gave up on my nforce2 !!

I have to agree, I really struggled with the nForce2 drivers... only made it with very good help from this forum.

The strange thing is that with Mandrake 9.1 it was easy, but with 9.2 it was a pain!

I still haven't installed the graphics driver, but have new hopes with the new drivers from Nvidia, just downloaded them now and put them on my thumstick, can't wait to get home...

...but no-one tried the WLAN module?