Removable Media

mandrake_alf

Seems I never had problems reading/writing to my floppy or zip drive but all of a sudden they are mounted ro and when i change them to rw it causes more issues.. maybe I'm confused about fstab?? I don't know.. I thought it was the master table of all FS mounted and mtab was just a runtime copy (more or less) of the fstab... Wow.. sometimes i just get overwhelmed with this stuff...

So..... ALL I want to do is (as myself, not root) read AND write to my floppy from any file manager I decide to use.. even from CLI if i need or choose to mv (this) or cp (that) or whatever..

I'm tired :zzz: , frustrated :wall: , and ready to pull out hair i lost a long time ago...

(pardon me while i sit here on my pitty pot a while.. :angry: )

Your comments, suggestions would be REALLY appreciated ..

TIA

For sure.. No problem.. Here it is..

/dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults 1 1

/dev/hda1 /boot ext3 defaults 1 2

none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0

/dev/hda2 /mike ext3 defaults 1 2

none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

/dev/sdb1 /mnt/memory_card auto user,iocharset=iso8859-1,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto,umask=0,exec 0 0

/dev/sda1 /mnt/memory_card2 auto user,iocharset=iso8859-1,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto,umask=0,exec 0 0

/dev/sda4 /mnt/zip vfat user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,suid,noauto,umask=0 0 0

none /proc proc defaults 0 0

/dev/hda3 swap swap defaults 0 0