Mandrake 9.2 w/ Vmware

Guest daewoo

Hey, everybody, just returned to linux and is good, and bad to be back.

First, I am running RedHat right now. My Windows 2000 died and I decided I have installed it for the last time. I loaned my Mandrake disks out a while back and never got them back, so I borrowed and installed the latest RedHat (download over a modem is just too painful). First off, What happened to redhat? The last time I installed it, we were at version 4 point something, but it was a pretty good linux distro. Now it seems they have decuded to chuck KDE (or at least make it enough like Gnome that it is not worth running), complicate the hell out of even the simplest things (like adding items to the menu) and stripped about half the good packages (mp3 support) out. What gives???

I am done complaining, I will get on to my question. Is anybody out there running the new VMware (I believe it is 4) on Mandrake? I need windows to run autocad, and the "old" Vmware running on the "old" mandrake had some issues. I would hate to have to buy a second machine JUST for autocad (but I would, rather than trust everything to windows incredible disapearing file system).

I don't see Mandrake specifically listed on their "compatible" list. Anybody?????