Printerdrake freezing in Mandrake 9

Guest Heru

Here's the problem.

Yesterday I got a new HP Deskjet 3820. It is known to work perfectly in Linux.

I plugged it in via USB and then booted up my computer. I logged in and then opened up the Mandrake Control Center. I then went to the Hardware tab and clicked 'printers'. It asked for CD 1 and then installed some rpms off of it. After that it said something like 'starting printerdrake' and then the area where printerdrake was probably supposed to appear went grey and stayed that way. If I clicked on another tab it warned me that modifications would not be saved. If I were to leave and then come back to the printer section it would check to see if the rpms were installed and find them to be, and would try and start printerdrake again and do the exact same thing as before.

I really have no idea what to do.

Nevermind.

I dug around for the printerdrake exectutable(in /usr/sbin, I believe it was), and ran it that way.

Problem solved, and the printer works great. If anyone needs a printer thats under $100 and comes with ink and works perfectly in Linux, get the HP Deskjet 3820.