all this for aMule!!??**

Vdubjunkie

Hello all...

For those of you that missed it, all of my LOWID problems with xMule were magically solved when I switched to aMule. However, the other day my server crashed hard and upon reboot aMule no longer worked.

I have been hacking away and removing this and that to install the other and his friend... and have finally reached an ugly spot I've seen before. Instead of just powering through it and possibly making things uglier, I thought I'd throw this up to the community!

[root@Thor rpms]# rpm -e libuser
error: removing these packages would break dependencies:
       /etc/libuser.conf is needed by passwd-0.68-1mdk

:furious3:

All this is so I can install libuser1, but that won't install because of "/usr/lib/libuser/libuser_files.so" and associated files. Without this, I cannot upgrade glibc and the entire horde of other necessary upgrades that go along with it.

I thought about just deleting the .so files, but thought that may be really bad even if they are replaced, and with running both libuser and libuser1...

When I tried to rpm -e libuser --force it spit at me not willing to do that for an uninstall.

So....... WHAT NOW!!!!???:wall:

Alright, after clearing my head.. and getting much needed sleep.... I simply urpmi libuser1 and it upgraded. I was then able to urpmi glibc and it went off without a hitch. There were 43 rpm's in all on that one!!

However.. Now I am still getting a dump when I attempt to run amule.

Sharing <location>/Incoming/044.part.met
completing->PerformFileComplete(NULL); !!!

OOPS! - Seems like aMule crashed
--== BACKTRACE FOLLOWS: ==--

[0] /usr/bin/amule(_ZN9CamuleApp160nFatalExceptionEv+0x3b) [0x81fadfb]
[1] /lib/i686/libc.so.6 [0x407c4378]

I have uninstalled previous installation of xMule and now both installed and uninstalled both aMule v. 1.2.1 & 1.2.3.

Heeeeeeelp!!!

:help:

...oh yeah. I also ran emule as another without any pre-existing configuration files, and consequently a different "Incoming" folder as the "Incoming" folder for this user is non default. I got the same error.

Edited by Vdubjunkie

Hi Vdubjunkie

This is probably not the answer you are looking for but here we go:

You LOWID problem .. did you forward port 4662 from your server (gateway actually) to your desktop running eMule?

Did you try the statically compiled version of aMule? .. those guys (eDonkey, eMule, xMule, aMule, whatever open source) usually make static binaries that don't need anything to run.

Did you try the Linux version of eDonkey? Here is what I use:

http://ed2k-gtk-gui.sourceforge.net/index.shtml

Hope this helps a little ..

MOttS

You LOWID problem .. did you forward port 4662 from your server (gateway actually) to your desktop running eMule?

:cheesy: Read more closely.. LOWID was fixed moving from xMule to aMule :cheesy:

I am VERY familiar with networking, and it wasn't anything simple like forwarded ports. I even went to the point of making sure that even though I had "forwarded the ports" to make sure that they were indeed forwarded by running a couple of other applications across them. Anyway, I was sure it was xMule's fault, and it turns out I was right..

Did you try the Linux version of eDonkey?  Here is what I use:

http://ed2k-gtk-gui.sourceforge.net/index.shtml

Thanks for this info. I'll have to check it out.

Um, do you have the necessary version of glibc? If so, I'd probably play with gdb and strace.

Honestly I don't know what v. of glibc it wants, but I am up to the cooker level now. I had wondered about it being the problem, knew it had worked before, and just decided to upgrade it and "see what happens." As for gdb and strace.. I am clueless. WOuldn't even know how to "play" with them. But, if I don't figure it out another way, I'll figure those out and see what they may be able to do for me.

Thanks for help guys.