No updates to 2010.2 lately?

rogerh

Hello,

I went to update my system (after a wait of a month or so) to see what updates were out there, and there was only one for Perl (I think). Have there actually been no updates to 2010.2 over the last month, is my system broken, or is this the update problem that appears at the top of the forum??

I just want to know if I need to take some action, or is all is well.

Thanks -- Roger

Roger,

There have not been that many updates lately, but surely more than one.

Probably re-configure your repositories through MCC?

I have a list of updates i received to my laptop over time, so you can have an impression of what has been released through time at:

http://www.mandrivaclub.nl/site/index.php?showtopic=11057&st=360&start=360

isadora

Well, it looks like I finally need to use the automated update in Urpmi. Since I have always done the manual method before, is there a primer or a brief description as to how the automated feature works?? I am always a bit hesitant to provide root access to an automated process that I have no idea how it works and what it will be doing....

When I manually run a software update, it does look like the system is reaching out to and downloading the update source information. Maybe I am current aside from the Perl update.

thanks -- Roger