remote Desktop

jleaman

So is this possible to remote desktop to a mandrake box from another box. What does the other box have t have or run.?

so far i run mandrake osx Panther NO windows boxes but i can get one.. Id like to know can this be done.. ?

My new server is up and running is it nice.. if any one wants to see it here

My Webpage

IMO the best tool for this is vnc. You would run vncserver on the host and vncviewer on the viewing machine.

VNC is available for most plaforms, I use it for remote-desktopping windows machines in Linux.

A purely *nix solution would be the X server approach, ssh can start x sessions on remote machines, but I do not know much about this.

ok i logged in on the mandrake box as root : O) sorry sorry sorry i know it is bad : O) but any ways i looked in services and stuff that is running and i see that vnc is running i downloaded a vnc client for mac but tried to connect and it didn't connect. said server is not responding ect ect.. is there a port i have to open up? what is the port number ?