webadmin

jleaman

Id like to know if web-admin is capable of being accessed from another computer out side of the actual mandrake box. ie i want to access it from work or other places that i might be at.. i know it is running because when i get home i can type in the ip and :10000 then log in and configure it but i want to be able to do this from work and other places.. can this be done.. if so how .. can any one help me : O) Please..

Jason..

Looks like this form is nice.. ill be looking and posting and helping as much as i can.. im a mac user so any one need any help let me know..

: O)

yeah i new that because i can access it from the internal computers but nothing from work or any thing.. ill look some more..

Welcome to the board.

On your computer at work, or elsewhere,Start webmin, and click on webmin servers. Click on register a new server, Enter the IP or host address of your remote computer. In the port number, put 10000

Choose the SSL option. Pick the OS you connecting to from the drop down list (redhat,mandrake etc)

For link type, choose: Login via Webmin with username ,enter your name (usually root) and the password.

Save, and then connect. thats it.

EDIT

As cannonfodder said, if you have a firewall running, you must allow connections through port 10000

when i tried to add the port in the webpadmin page under firewall is said that port 10000 was not a valid port...

i dunno..ill play with it some more.. id like to purchase mandrake server or suse server and see how they run..