usbnet

Guest nikki6x

Guest nikki6x

Hi, I have connected my laptop to my desktop via a usb data-link cable using usbnet module. Now with ifconfig I can see the new protocol usb0 (like ethernet) and I can share internet connection and datas... but there is only one problem: all works only when I poweron the 2 pc together. For example if I poweron the laptop when desk is already running they cant see each other... How I can resolve this problem???

Thanks and sorry for my english...

Nikki

I know this is possible, though I'm not sure how. you might do some searching on the sharp Zaurus. It's a linux PDA and to connect to a linux desktop, you do the same thing. It has to do with changing some of the files in /etc and adding some aliases to that the hotplug manager will reccognize your laptop as a usbnet device. Sadly, I'm not sure about any of the details.

Guest kuchwas

I have it working with my Zaurus just fine. My desktop is on all the time. When I connect the Zaurus to the cradle usbnet0 comes up.

I have never done this pc to pc, but it should be the same thing. Search Google for "ethernet over usb". That should get you somewhere, that is what I did to get my Zaurus to work.