2010 to 2010.1 upgrade failed to add media

camorri

I'm trying to do an upgrade on a 64 bit system from 2010 to Spring 2010.1. I'm trying to do it command line, with these instructions.

I get the following errors.

Unable to add medium, errors reported:

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/main/release/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Main"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/main/updates/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Main Updates"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/i586/media/main/release/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Main32"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/i586/media/main/updates/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Main32 Updates"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/main/testing/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Main Testing"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/main/backports/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Main Backports"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/debug_main/backports/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Main Backports debug"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/contrib/testing/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Contrib Testing"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/contrib/backports/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Contrib Backports"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/debug_contrib/release/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Contrib debug"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/debug_contrib/updates/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Contrib Updates debug"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/debug_contrib/testing/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Contrib Testing debug"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/debug_contrib/backports/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Contrib Backports debug"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/non-free/release/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Non-free"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/non-free/updates/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Non-free Updates"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/non-free/backports/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "Non-free Backports"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/debug_non-free/release/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "debug_non-free_release"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/debug_non-free/updates/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "debug_non-free_updates"

retrieval of [ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrivalinux/official/2010.1/x86_64/media/debug_non-free/backports/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz] failed (md5sum mismatch)

problem reading synthesis file of medium "debug_non-free_backports"

I don't understand what is failing, or how to fix it. Any one have some suggestions?

I see the md5sum mismatches. How do I fix this?

Update : I changed to wget in MCC, removed the old repos, and was able to get the list files to download. I ran the upgrade, it ran for several hours, about five in total.

Update: Ran XFdrake and got the nvidia driver installed. KDE won't load properly, Plasma errors. XFCE loads and gives me a working desktop. I'm installing some 700 updates right now.

On reboot, it appears the proprietary Nvidia drivers did not get installed. The x server starts, but with a blank screen. I'll see if I can find out how to install them.

When installing 2010-Spring, to be able to install the nvidia drivers you need to place a tick in the non-free line in MCC software handler.

In prior versions of Mandriva that was not necessary.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn

John,

Thank-you for the information. I did get the Nvidia drivers loaded. I ran XFdrake from the command line, and got a prompt from it, asking if I wanted to install the propriety driver for my hardware. I said yes, and the Nvidia rpms got installed.

That got me a desktop on XFCE. KDE would not load completely. While doing some testing, I got the red spot on the bottom of the screen. I had almost 800 rpms to update. I let that run, and when completed I have running system, including KDE.

There are still a few minor problems, but nothing I can not solve.

Once again, thank-you for your input.