Mobilizing Hate

Counterspy

I posted this today at linuxiso.org and thought that it might generate some interesting responses here as well. So here goes.

I am struck by the the number of people who mention hatred of M$ as the main reason for switching to Linux. Does anyone have any ideas about how this hatred could be mobilized by the many who feel it but who we (or many other people) have never heard from?

Counterspy

not really. That would require a linux-common (united linux is taken). Something desperately needed IMO. It takes $. Something that doesn't exist in all the separate little distros running around. Not that we should have just 'one' 'linux' mind you but a common ground if you will.....where all can agree for the greater good that it takes $ to make $ and that mean marketing/advertising. W/o that, linux will continue to be 'here say'....a on the self at the local computer store 'oh, what is this?....I've heard of it' thing. Which leaves it rt where it is. At the bottom.

With a linux-common.com (linux.com already taken) and advertisments (paid for by all linux distros that are part of linux-common) all over the internet to take people there explaining what linux it is and how to get it w/o bias, it just might grow by leaps and bounds. But what do I know, I just worked for the worlds largest Market Research firm for 4 years as a board member for one of its Top Ten Clients. ;)

Edited by bvc