Simple for you, hard for me! Dual boot.

Guest billforce

Guest billforce

I currently have Win98SE on 1st partition, Fat32 and Win2000 Pro , NTSF on second partition on a 20 gig SCSI HD. I want to KEEP the Win2000 on the second partition in it's entirety. I want to install MDK 9.0 on the 1st partition and boot from either lilo or Win 2K. If I simply install MDK from the CDROM will it simply replace the existing Win98 on that partition without disturbing Win2K on the NTSF partition? Also will I then be able to boot Win2K from Lilo?

billforce

"In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king!"

The only issue and it may not matter to you, is that you are putting your entire linux system in one partition rather than in a few. Where is your swap going to be? Does partition 1 and 2 take up the entire drive? If it does not and you have plenty of room elsewhere, then put linux boot in hda1 and then put the rest in extended partitions.

hda1 - linux boot

hda2 - win2k

hda5 - /swap

hda6 - /usr

hda7 - /home

When you make a partition, click Preference and select extended to put it in a linux extended.

Afterwards, never never use win2k's disk manager to make any changes. You will lose it all..

Guest billforce

Au Contrere,

I succeeded in completely wiping out 2000K as the install of MDK formatted the entire disk. I guess I need a blow by blow instruction on how to load both systems successfully. MADDENING, ¨Like nailing jello to a tree¨.

billforce

¨In the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king!¨