Konstruct and kdeartwork

Ixthusdan

Has anyone successfully built kde 3.1.4 using konstruct?

I have successfully built much of kde on my box, but it bailed out on kdeartwork. I can't figure out what is wrong. Has anybody else done this?

This is the end. It seems to make fine, downloads all the packages, but fails..well where you see.

I allowed it to download all the depends, since it is installing in a directory in home.

make[5]: *** [kbanner.kss] Error 1

make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/dan/konstruct/kde/kdeartwork/work/kdeartwork-3.1.4/kscreensaver/kdesavers'

make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/dan/konstruct/kde/kdeartwork/work/kdeartwork-3.1.4/kscreensaver'

make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/dan/konstruct/kde/kdeartwork/work/kdeartwork-3.1.4'

make[2]: *** [all] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/dan/konstruct/kde/kdeartwork/work/kdeartwork-3.1.4'

make[1]: *** [build-work/kdeartwork-3.1.4/Makefile] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dan/konstruct/kde/kdeartwork'

make: *** [dep-../../kde/kdeartwork] Error 2

I do not see any errors before this.

I build KDE from CVS last week (hope this works for 3.1.4 too) and needed for KDE-artwork to compile to install a lib that's in mesa-devel. Mesa-devel you'll find in a RPM package called xfree86-static.devel (sorry can't remember the exact name). Good luck

Edited by devries

Here's a follow-up, if anyone is interested. The file that was needed to complete this process was on the 2nd cd, libxfree86-static-devel-4.3-23mdk.

OK, I'm trying to run this version of kde from my home directory, keeping my Mandrake kde seperate. But I can't get X to launch.

I boot to the commandline.

I switch to the new directory and try to launch with startkde.

It tries to run, but can't find x. I made a link to /etc/X11, which did nothing, and then made a link to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, which did nothing.

How do I get /hoime/dan/kde3.1.4/bin to find the x server in order to launch?

I remember doing this with /opt, but it was two years ago .....I guess I don't remember! :wall: