Canon S500?

Guest LinuxExplorer

Guest LinuxExplorer

What's the best way to improve the output on my printer? Use a different driver? Use a different print system? Right now the resolution and overall quality can only be described as draft.

I can't remember the choices given by Mandrake in the Install section for that printer. Some of the Canon drivers have been reworked for Gimp and that may not be what you need. Go into the Mandrake Control Center>System and call up the list of drivers and see if you have a choice and if the changing the driver helps. Turning anti-aliasing on or off may make a difference as well as changing the type face. Try importing the Truetype fonts from Windows to give you more choice. You do not say what program you are using or whether or not it happens regardless of the program. That would be necessary information to dig further into the problem.

Counterspy

Guest LinuxExplorer

This occurs in all programs, regardless. I didn't really want to keep selecting different printers since that could end up using a lot of ink just to find out which one works best. I was just wondering if someone with an S500 has already found this out or gone through a different print process.