Bad signatures

junglejuice

I am a newbie to linux and i have just installed mdk 9.2, the install went well but when i try to install extra packages i get a message that reads "bad signatures", what causes this? Does this mean these packages won't work? Is there a way to fix it?

Also is there a way to change the boot sequence from the default "linux" first to "windows" as the default after 9.2 is installed?

Many thanx in advance, Jungle....

Where are the rpm/install/-files coming from? Bad signature means that the fiel isn't signed by someone trusted by Mandrake. It doesn't mean it is a bad file, but it isn't trusted by Mandrake and you have to decide for yourself if you want to trust it or not. If you donwload from sites like rpmfind.net, . ... any rpm-repository that hosts rpm's sigend by Mandrake you won't have this problem normally.

Yes , you can chantge it: Startup Mandrake Control Center/mcc ... if not in kde: Open a shell, become root (type su and then your rootpassword will bea sked) and type mcc.

(this is from heart, can be wrong:) go to startup ... ->Drakboot->Configure->press ok but be sure to disable ACPI if you're not using it because else it will start installing it. Then you'll see your startup-entries:

I think choose windows->change(or something)->default and press ok, ...

Edited by Michel