trash can icon in Gnome

chin808

Do you want the trash icon? I've seen a Show Trash icon Option in gconf-editor somewhere. May have been a different distro though. Mine seems to have disappeared in mandrake (yea!). If not move all your icons to the center of the desktop>open nautilus and go to Edit>Preferences and change the default zoom level to 75% or smaller>move the trash icon to the rt edge of the screen as far as you can and change the zoom level back. No trash icon :P . Also checkout gconf-editor>desktop>gnome>url-handlers>trash.

As far as changing it? Can you not rt-click it>Properties>Set custom icon>and drag the desired icon to the address bar? That's how I do all the other sys/type icons with that property dialog.

foot? change /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-main-menu.png

have you found this place yet?

http://gnomesupport.org/forums/

gnome devel is working on making all these actual/easy to change options :headbang:

As far as changing it? Can you not rt-click it>Properties>Set custom icon>and drag the desired icon to the address bar? That's how I do all the other sys/type icons with that property dialog.

foot? change /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-main-menu.png

have you found this place yet?

http://gnomesupport.org/forums/

1. I cant change it that way, its the only icon that wont change with that method...

2. Thanx!!!

3. Yes I have it bookmarked... jus too lazy to create a new profile... and yes I know you can post as a guest! lol I just thought Id see how busy I could keep you with my fun questions bvc! ;)