Free Money

Peppercorn

Hmmm!

Does anyone know if there is a software program for Linux/Mandrake which is compatible with Quicken or Quickbooks???

I have converted a sick and tired M$ user but he needs to operate that program for his business. Win4lin is a possibilty, I know, but he is a moron with anything slightly technical!

An icon on the desktop is the solution that I am hoping for.

Thanks for any ideas!

You could always try wine. All you have to do (I'm assumeing your friend uses kde) is right click and "open with" and then in the box at the top, type the word 'wine' and then check the box for remembering application. Then all you ever have to do is double click on the windows executable and if it will run in wine, it will run without doing anything special.

Once you ahve that set up you can link the executable to his desktop and you're done.

Wine may be an option, but everytime that I have used it, it just never seems to work. Maybe thats my ignorance though.

As far as I know, you cannot import it into those progs. But the truth is I hav'nt actually tried YET! It is just what I have been told.

Thanks for the options so far that you have offered.

I know I'll get flamed for this, especialy if a couple of people I have inmind read it, but you might want to try WineX. The commercial version is VERY good and IMO, an excelent value for $15.00 as it work far better than the free wine.

WineX is a helpful suggestion, and no one should flame you for it. This thread isn't about opinions of certain programs, but rather trying to help someone get a program working that they need.

gnucash is good, but it may not be as fully-featured as your friend needs. but I do believe it can work with quicken files.