Firebird scrollbars look ghastly!!!

chin808

I got my desktop looking pretty ok in gnome, but auh man the firebird scroll bars look atrocious, and the save file dialoge even worse.... :cry: I have firebird installed in my /home/ directory.... I never bothered to properly install it because I wasnt sure how. I read in the firebird forum that youre supposed to put it in the /usr/ dir? I dunno... any ideas?

post-10-1070832232.jpg

Edited by chin808

you need a gtk2 firebird. Where? I d/k but I'm sure someone does if it exist. Or you need to use a gtk2 theme that has a gtk1.2 theme to go along with it. 6nome doesn't. You can also set the gtk1.2 theme in ~/.gtkrc.

Galeon and Epiphany use gtk2.

-Galeon has many more features but is slightly slower and is what I use.

-Epiphany is the fastest brower I've ever used but very low on features like horrible Bookmarks, which is why I stopped using it.

U rawk brother :headbang: I was reading on the galeon page about compatibliity- it says: "To install galeon you will need Gnome and Mozilla. The current version of Galeon has been tested with Gnome 1.4 and Mozilla 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1, and 1.3a/b. Other versions most likely will not work. NOTE: The 1.2.6 rpm's work only with Mozilla 1.1, and 1.3.x requires at least Mozilla 1.3a."

I was deterred by this because Im using gnome 2.4 and I have never used mozilla, just firebird which I installed when I was using kde.

bvc- you have been my savior lately... God bless you for unselfishly bestowing knowlege upon this humble n00b! I got the GTK Firebird and moved the new folder into my /usr/local/ dir. Now I have a nice smooth firebird and even the font matches now!!! Im so excited!!! Everything is coming together nicely

bios_townspeople_burns.gif

EXCELLENT

:headbang:

You're welcom!!!

now....

to further tweak gnome if you should so find it necessary.......install gconf-editor. May already be installed and you'll find it in the Advanced section of the gnome control center. Or, in a terminal

gconf-editor

It's sorta like a windows registry for gnome and when implemented was meant to someday replace the control center. I d/k if it still is or not. Be Careful in there!

:P