All Sorts of probelms, can you solve one?

LINUXN00B

I recently had some troubles burnign Mandrake to CDs but thanks to your help I was able to solve those and get Mandrake on 3 CDs. Well now I have installed Mandrake on a dual boot with my current XP config and when I select Linux at the selection screen odd things happen. It goes through a checklist and welcomes me to Mandrake Linux 9.2, which is all fun and good. However after what seems like it's loaded everything I get a login prompt to which I enter my login name and password which I set up in the inital install and then I get this prompt:

[john@localhost john]$

I have no idea what I should be putting here at all. Do I need to type a command to enter the GUI side of Mandrake (I installed KDE)? Did I miss something in installation?

Here are some odd things that occured during and after setup:

1. After installing Mandrake I made it to the part where it was on "summary" only it hung about 75% of the way through. I figured it would be ok to just reset since it had froze.

2. My on board Virus Checker now detects a virus each startup and asks me what I want to do with choices being "inesrt clean floppy disk and restart or continue booting". It's odd that this only showed up after myMandrak install.

Thanks in advance

My only guess on the virus thingy is that it is programmed to recognize a windows based bootloader. Since it is most likely seeing lilo or grub in the mbr, it thinks it is a virus. That would be the only thing that would make sense to me.

Can you shut it off? If you have a antivirus program in windows, then just use that.