Java problems

Uiler

Hi

I can't seem to get Java to work on my Mandrake 9.2 system. In the past Java has worked on previous Mandrake distros intermittently. Sometimes it'd work in Mozilla and not Konqueror and vice-versa. This time I can't get it to work at all.

I downloaded java from this website and made all the usual changes eg. editing .bashrc, copying the plugin (the ns610 one) to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, setting up the proper path to the java executable in Konqueror. Mozilla doesn't see the plugin at all and Konqueror loads the java applet but then gives a message about the applet failing.

This is what I placed in my .bashrc file:

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/j2re-1.4.1

export JAVA_HOME

PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/Acrobat5/bin

export PATH

Thanks!

see this thread for a similar discussion & solutions.......

Java & Flash problems

in a nut shell, to get Java to work properly in Moz you need to make sure you have the correct version of Java because there are conflicts with certain versions of GCC libraries. to get it to work properly, you need to sym link the Java to the Moz plugin folder & tell Konq the correct path to your Java plugin via settings->configure konqueror->java & java script. here's another link to Moz's faq section concerning proper Java installation.

Java plugin faq

Chris

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?sho...=30entry81894

This is on Mozilla's site now when I went back to download an update to my 1.4 browser.

Linux (x86)

The original Linux builds were built with the wrong compiler and are incompatible with some plugins and extensions. The builds have been replaced as of 01:00 UTC on December 11. To distinguish the builds, look in about:buildconfig, in the "Build tools" section, next to the line starting with "c++". The old, incorrect build will say "gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-81)". The new, correct build will say "gcc version 3.2.3" (just as it does on the previous line).

Full Installer (12 MB) Download all of the Mozilla components and then specify install options.

Net Installer (80 KB) Download only the components you specify.

tar.gz format (12 MB).