Error getting the libgdk-1.2.so.0

Jza

Hi I got an error on my mandrake, for some reason several applkicacions wont find the libgdk-1.2.so.0 which is one library used for the UI of many of the Gnome apps.For that I cant really run many applications including LinuxConf, XMMS, some screensavers, Andula, and others.

Can anyone help me, I DO have that library under /usr/lib/

:? just a first thought.... open a terminal>su to root>

ldconfig -v

NAME 

ldconfig - configure dynamic linker run-time bindings

SYNOPSIS 

ldconfig [OPTION...]

DESCRIPTION 

ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache (for use by the run-time linker, ld.so) to the most recent shared libraries found in the directories specified on the command line, in the file /etc/ld.so.conf, and in the trusted directories (/usr/lib and /lib). ldconfig checks the header and file names of the libraries it encounters when determining which versions should have their links updated. ldconfig ignores symbolic links when scanning for libraries.

and more......

Hey you a re right I dont have a libgdk or png so now what, just download the rpm. It usually tells me that everything is installed if I go with urpmi. So how can I just install that library? tar/gzipping?

Or is there an easier way?