10.1 Error No CDROM device found

Guest bebechan

hi there.

we definitely need more info about your comp. but you can try the following anyway:

boot your cd, press f1. once you get to the bootprompt, type

linux acpi=off noapic nolapic

and hit enter. can you start the installation now?

Edited by arctic

Guest bebechan

It dosen't work.

Mandrake 9.2 installs correctly. But not 10.1

After this error message:

"please insert additional drivers floppy"

bertrand

hi there.

we definitely need more info about your comp. but you can try the following anyway:

boot your cd, press f1. once you get to the bootprompt, type

linux acpi=off noapic nolapic

and hit enter. can you start the installation now?

Hi,

I have the same problem with 10.1

I get into the install, but when it gets past the "detecting USB devices" notification I receive an error. It reads: "Cannot find CDROM drive". I click on “ok” and it prompts me to insert a floppy with the drivers needed. I click “back” and I am prompted to select a driver and insert the parameters for the kernel to use to gain access to SCSI. This re-occurring error is preventing me from going any further in the install.

I have tried the following solutions with no suscess:

-> Disconnected everything, but the keyboard and the mouse and this did nothing. I still received the same error messages.

-> linux acpi=off noapic nolapic

My CD ROM is an LG model no. GSA-4160B

I had the same problem with installing 10.0 on a Toshiba 750DVD laptop. The 10.1 version gives you the option of installing with the 2.4 kernel by pressing f1 for the options then f2 then entering alt1 at the command prompt. This should get round all the no cdrom and no floppy driver problems. Once installed you can then load the 2.6 kernel.

• 1 month later...
Guest TheDuke
Unable to install 10.1

Error Message at the begining:

Error No CDROM device found

I had the same problem, my info..

Intel i875 Canterwood Chipset Motherboard

P4 3.4Ghz cpu + HT

1Gb DDR 400Mhz Ram

Western Digital Raptor SATA HD 34Gb

Lite-on - Model: LTR-52246S (CDR/RW)

Lite-on - DVD equivelant

Read on...

Had this problem but was told to go from splash screen f1 to prompt and enter  alt1  This worked for me.

HtH

Doing the above did fix the problem, at the first prompt hit 'F1' and TYPE 'alt1' ( not ALT + 1 as i originally thought ) i continued a CDROM instalation from there.. working fine so far.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I have the same problem with 10.1

I get into the install, but when it gets past the "detecting USB devices" notification I receive an error. It reads: "Cannot find CDROM drive". I click on “ok” and it prompts me to insert a floppy with the drivers needed. I click “back” and I am prompted to select a driver and insert the parameters for the kernel to use to gain access to SCSI. This re-occurring error is preventing me from going any further in the install.

I have tried the following solutions with no suscess:

-> Disconnected everything, but the keyboard and the mouse and this did nothing. I still received the same error messages.

-> linux acpi=off noapic nolapic

My CD ROM is an LG model no. GSA-4160B

The colleague of mine had same problem today. The attempt to use alt1 produced the error message that some kernel module was not found on "the floppy" (we even tried disabling the floppy drive in BIOS, no luck).

Has this bug been fixed in a more recent download version (we tried powerpack)? Or is it one of those mandrake things: "It will be fixed in future release" - read: "we only give the fix to mandrake club users".