Linux Crash

Guest rowinter

Guest rowinter

I think that something went wrong on a boot (may have been something I did), but now KDE will not come up. From the "Black and White Screen of Death" the problem appears to be a video problem. The program also seems to be having problems finding fonts.

Is there some way to fix an installation whith out doing a clean install? I have tried to upgrade, but the problem remains. I hate to loose all my files by starting over.

Thanks.

Guest rowinter

XFdrake come up fine and shows the proper configuration but says the sytem font can not be found.

/etc/init.d//xfs status gives reponse running

I fear that there is a font missing, but is there a way to fix this? Erlier, I did install a few windows fonts (Arial, windings, etc.) to the system using Konqueror, System. I was tired of Open Office Documents reformating in Linux. I do not fully trust Linux yet, so I move back and forth to windows.

you can use urmpi to install your fonts. we already have a tpoic on this. use the search tool at the top of this page and you should find the post that fixes your problem easily. :)