what is my syslog talking about?

arctic

Hi ho, it's me again. After getting my eth0 and modem to respond and "work" (at least partially), I encountered a rather small, but disturbing problem.

First, I have to say that the manual for my lg lam200e is big shit as it doesn`t explain anything to a newbie (that is what I am). I did set up my modem as good as possible (to the best of my abilities) and added all that 1234567890001@blah.com data. Still, I can't properly connect to the net. The modem-syslog says:

1/1/1970 0:5:40> ADSL connected

1/1/1970 0:5:40> ATM layer is up, cell delineation achieved

1/1/1970 0:5:40> ATM Connected

1/1/1970 0:0:0> CfgMgr: 'Washer.dlz' module not found.

1/1/1970 0:0:0> CfgMgr: 'Shtm.dlz' module loaded.

1/1/1970 0:0:0> Dynamic NAPT is enabled

1/1/1970 0:0:0> ATM: Setting up vcc0, VPI=1, VCI=32

1/1/1970 0:0:0> ATM: Detected

1/1/1970 0:0:0> Ethernet Device 0 Detected

Now what does that mean? What is washer.dlz and shtm.dlz? Are they necessary in order to get my modem up and running? Do I have to install them? And if yes, where can I find them?

By the way, I also tried the modem with knoppix and I got exactly the same results.

Now, gentlemen, who is willing to explain to me, what my modem tries to tell me?

P.S.: Sorry for disturbing you once again... but i am a simple journalist, thus a total network-idiot. :P

Don't have a specific answer for you, but try doing a google search on the following terms..

linux pppoe modules

The modules will either be related to the PPPoe client or the Linux Kernal. You may simply not have support for the PPP available through the Kernal. This means you need to find out what you need to support and recompile the kernal (an adventure, but kinda fun)