alsa

Michel

Ok,

it seems the dmix plugin now works in the 0.9.8 release of alsa.....

I removed all (as far as I can tell) alsa-rpm-packages with the rpm-nodeps-command.

Although I installed from sopurce earlier..but those didn't overwrite the old files I think....

Anyway I installed the 0.9.8 packages..but I'm not sure if I'm uising 0.9.8..since I don't know if I installed everything....When I start alsa it still says 0.9.8 but it can be it wasn't changed....(?)

Anyway I would like to install alsa from source...But the problem is that when I want ot install an rpm afterwards..it will say that alsa is not present...ok, you can say force it to install...If there would be other dependies I suppose they wouldn't be installed andf I havd to install them all manually..This isn't so fun as using urpm....

Is there a way to let the database know alsa is installed? Ok, I can make an rpm of all the stuff..but is it easy? Does it takes much extar time or almost none?

I have installed several things from source..but alsa is pretty basic and needed by other apps...so I suppose it is asked quite a bit.

Tx.

P.S.: The ipc_key-value you need to use in the dmix-plugin..can someone tell me where to find it...I thought it was mentionned in a config-file...I know it is mentionned somewhere beacause I tried to setup dmix before and found that value..but don't remember and don't find a clue where it is anymore...

Or does it just has to be different for every plugin?

Thanks.