Slackware problem

Guest isa484

I'm trying to install slackware over an existing Mandrake install. I'm going to repartition it - which will be GREAT FUN - but I've come up against a brick wall before that.

I wrote the install CDs fine - and Windows and Mandrake recognise them fine (they'll display files) - but if I try to run a file (like RAWRITE) or open them ( like README!) it won't work. in Mandrake it'll hang the terminal (not responding to ctrl-C or ctrl-D), and in window sit'll han the dos window then stop recognising that the cd rom drive exists until I reboot. Anyone got any ideas? I got the isos from a reliable source (a link from a link from slackware.com). I burned them to cd-rw not CDR though - but i finalized. I also used a copy of nero with a dodgy crack code (I cracked it because I lost the originaly serial number) in windows because linux won't even recgnise my cdrom.

Any ideas? I jsut want to run rawrite!

I'm trying to install it.

Obviously I could use any version of rawrite - but there's no point if my computer won't read the CD. I think it must be because I burned it to CD-rw. I don't know why it'd make a difference - but obviously it must do. I think I'll just re install my old version of mandrake and leave this for now.

I'm trying to install it.

Obviously I could use any version of rawrite - but there's no point if my computer won't read the CD. I think it must be because I burned it to CD-rw. I don't know why it'd make a difference - but obviously it must do. I think I'll just re install my old version of mandrake and leave this for now.

Ok, just didn't know why you wanted to run rawrite? I don't know if cd-rw makes a differenece or not, but you could either burn to a cd-r or give it a try. Did the iso match up with the md5sum? Have you tried putting the cd in and reboot to see if it will install?