A Slit/Dock... app for X11, anyone?

theYinYeti

For my desktop environment, I need a slit/dock that is able to embed gkrellm.

The only one I've found so far is Fluxbox's. The problem is that my wife does not like Fluxbox (IceWM would be best for her).

I've searched, and google'd, and searched again, but nothing... There does not seem to be any WM-independent application for embedding dockapps/applets...

Please tell me if it does exist!

As I have not found anything, I decided that I would take the slit out of Fluxbox's source code, and make it WM-independent, so that it runs as a simple X11 application.

Unfortunately, I have so little free time, and so little experience with Linux programming, that it will take ages, if I achieve my goal at all...

So please, if you know it is not doable, please tell me also.

Thanks,

Yves.

Well... Your answer makes me think that my needs are not clearly exposed... No, they're not. Here they are:

- I need a WM-independant "toolbar", for grouping "applets". The most WM-independant thing I've found is dockapps, which work in many WMs.

- On this "toolbar", I need at least 3 things:

. wmoo

. a dial-in ON/OFF switch

. a mail checker (or mail checkers), with which to check for at least 2 IMAP accounts

Those are my needs. But the only tool l've found for the latter is gkrellm, and it also happens to meet my second need.

More over, I would appreciate if the dock/slit could be "always-on-top" and "auto-hide".

That's all.

Yves.