more mozilla problems

fuzzylizard

I thought I had this all sorted out, but today I try to start Mozilla and I get the same error as before. Check this thread out for the history of my problem:

http://mandrake-forum.org/index.php?showtopic=9063

That time I had to remove my .mozilla folder to solve the problem. This time, I have removed that folder and am still getting the error and no Mozilla.

So, I guess I am back to uninstalling/reinstalling Mozilla and trying for a little stability that way.

The question is: what is causing this? This is getting to be very frustrating :angry::angry::angry:

Edit: I have now uninstalled Mozilla and deleted all associated directories and I am still getting the error. I have no idea what else to try short of a full install.

• 2 weeks later...

how did you uninstall? How was it installed? Source or rpms? If it was rpm and you urpme or rpm -e the mozilla installation, the only other thing I am aware of holding values is .mozilla in ~. However, if it was source, files could be in several places. You may not have got them all. I was unable to find your last post to see what the error(s) was/were, but hopefully this is helpful.

Also, if you did install source, and you still have the directory where the files were expanded, you could go back and see if you have the option for "make --uninstall" or something similar.