Mozilla 1.3 quirks.

Pepse

Ok, I am running MDK 9.1with the default? Mozilla 1.3 and I have been getting an annoying problem of not being able to type into search boxes, or on Ebay not being able to type in a price, unless I totally get off the 'net and redo my connection and Mozilla. RELOAD doesn't help. And as for search boxes that includes this site. Is this a common problem with newer Mozilla releases or just 1.3?? It's reminding me of running Netscape when I was on whine-doze and MDK 8.1; the newer the release the crappier it got. I use Mozilla because it has Netscape email and the last time I checked with Opera you used their "Operamail". And of course Galeon, Konqueror, and Quanta don't have email capabilities. And I am sure it is the browser as I have the same machine that I started runnung Linux with for almost 2 years. Tyan mobo, 576 megs of ram, P III processor at 600mhz, an nVidia GeForce 2 MX400 64 meg PCI vid card with the latest software update "4496". Of course it could be MDK 9.1, because with this release it is just kinda flakey. Doesn't feel as stable as 9.0 or 8.1.

Later. Pepse.

Ok, I am running MDK 9.1with the default? Mozilla 1.3 and I have been getting an annoying problem of not being able to type into search boxes, or on Ebay not being able to type in a price, unless I totally get off the 'net and redo my connection and Mozilla.  RELOAD doesn't help.  And as for search boxes that includes this site.  Is this a common problem with newer Mozilla releases or just 1.3??  It's reminding me of running Netscape when I was on whine-doze and MDK 8.1; the newer the release the crappier it got.  I use Mozilla because it has Netscape email and the last time I checked with Opera you used their "Operamail".  And of course Galeon, Konqueror, and Quanta don't have email capabilities.  And I am sure it is the browser as I have the same machine that I started runnung Linux with for almost 2 years.  Tyan mobo, 576 megs of ram,  P III processor at 600mhz, an nVidia GeForce 2 MX400 64 meg PCI vid card with the latest software update "4496".  Of course it could be MDK 9.1, because with this release it is just kinda flakey.  Doesn't feel as stable as 9.0 or 8.1.

Later.  Pepse.

This probably won't help but I run Mandrake 9.1 with the Mozilla 1.3 that came with it (never upgraded) and I've never had these problems. Does Galeon have the same problems? If it does it means there's something wrong with Gecko (both programs use the same HTML rendering engine). If not it might mean there's something wrong with Mozilla.

About email - there are other email programs besides the ones that come with the browsers. If you want an Outlook clone , evolution is an option. I don't use it though because I don't run Gnome and because kmail is a much nicer email client (just for email purposes). Evolution has some things which really annoy me, eg. not allowing you to read text email in variable width fonts like Arial so you're stuck with fixed width fonts which I hate. Not allowing you to change the size of the fonts for HTML w/o also changing the size of the headers so if you want a decent size font to read HTML email you get a huge header. (BTW anyone with any suggestions on how to get around these problems are more than welcome to make them) Kmail is a native KDE app and for pure email is very nice especially for keyboard navigation and it's fast. Kmail also integrates very well with Konqueror (both being KDE apps).

I will try Galeon and see what happens, but not now it's time for sleep. Also, as for mail, I have noticed a fair amount of debating between evo and Kmail. I would look into Kmail simply because of all my years with whine-doze I never used outlook; always been a Netscape person. It sounds like Kmail would be similar to what I use.

I will post back as soon as I try your suggestion.

Thanx. Pepse.