Samba PDC/LDAP issues - can't make Windows XP machine join

lbbros

Hello.

I've installed a Samba PDC using LDAP (using the instructions on the MandrakeSecure website) in a 9.1 headless box that I use as a server. I have several computers, and most of them have joined the domain without problems (they use Windows XP - I set the security options and the SignOrSeal registry patch). However, one of them doesn't.

After a test to join that computer on Linux (it's dual-boot) to the domain, upon rebooting in Windows XP it would complain that accessing the domain was unavailable. So, I detached it and upon reboot, it would not join the domain anymore saying that "multiple connections from the same user". However, there are no active connections. And also, looking at the logs on the server, it's evident that it doesn't find the machine account in the LDAP database. However, it should create it as soon as the machine joining the domain provides the right credentials. Even creating the machine account from the server would not let WinXP join (same error).

What could be the cause of this problem? I can post smb.conf and slapd.conf if needed.

Thanks in advance!