how to setup a kmail filter for saving attachments?

Guest IndieRockSteve

Guest IndieRockSteve

I'd like to setup a kmail filter that would save attachments in emails. If anyone know how to do this please explain and include any scripts you used.

thanks!!

hmmm......not exactly sure what you're asking. in kmail, if a file is attached to your message, it'll appear in the list of attachments in the lower part of the window. to save, remove, or open an attachment either right click on it & choose "remove", "save", or "open", or choose "file" in the upper toolbar & select an action from there related to an attachment. there's also settings in "configure kmail" where you can fine tune stuff (attachments included) & set default actions. i'm not at my MDK box right now, so i'm just going from memory.

Chris

Guest IndieRockSteve

simple, I want a filter, that will run on messages that match the criteria, that will save the attachments in that message to a folder I specify.

Currently this is impossible (sadly) to do as there is no built in filter action that saves attachments. There is a filter that will run script and can pipe the message to that script, and the kmail developers say you can use this to do what I want. BUT I've yet to find someone that has successfully done so. So I continue to look, until the Kmail developers get off their lazy butts and write the 20 lines of code or whatever it takes to implement such a filter.