Unable to get Network/Internet with VMware

Guest Falcon

I installed 9.1 in VMware on my win2kpro laptop. I cant get my internet/network connection working. I have been through the configuration several times....no luck. How do I get this working.

Falcon

I've had the same problem for both Mandrake 9.0 and 9.1. Finally I found the solution in the VMWare knowledge base:

http://www.vmware.com/support/kb/enduser/s...fcGFnZT0x&p_li=

To work around this problem, become root (su -) and use a text editor to edit the following files in the guest operating system:

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth[n]

/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth[n]

In both cases, [n] is the number of the Ethernet adapter -- for example, eth0.

In each of the two files, add the following line:

MII_NOT_SUPPORTED=yes

Then run the command ifup eth[n] (where [n] is the number of the Ethernet adapter) or restart the guest operating system.

Good luck,

Sitor

Appreciate the help, I followed your instructions and still get the same thing. A couple things; I am using a wireless card for my network access on the host however I do have an ethernet card as well. When I go into the control center it shows my ethernet card is down. I try the wizard and it fails. I noticed my virtual machine has its own IP, do I need to configure it via expert mode or is this something I need to do on the host machine (win2k pro)?

Falcon